”Seppe Airport” is founded by the late Adrie van Campenhout. The field was opened on August 28, 1949, but only for gliders.
On July 14, 1961 “Seppe” becomes an official aerodrome with the code EHSE – Seppe / Hoeven. Motor planes are now also allowed to land.
extending grass runway
The grass runway will be extended from 600 meters to 830 meters this year. This makes it possible to receive larger aircraft at “Seppe Airport”.
Designation and zoning
The extended grass runway could not be put into use until October 15, 1996. On that date, the Ministers of Transport, Public Works and Water Management and of Housing, Planning and environment decided on the designation and zoning of Seppe.
In 2002 “Seppe” opted for a paved runway.
decision Council of State
On May 28, 2003, the designation and zoning became definitive as a result of the decision of the Council of State.
Seppe Airport N.V.
As of January 1, 2008, N.V. Vliegveld Seppe is sold to Seppe Holding B.V. Until this date, the airport was owned by 13 municipalities and the Chamber of Commerce Seppe will continue under the name: Seppe Airport NV. The first step will be the renovation of the Airport authority building.
Breda International Airport
Airport “Seppe” changes its name to Breda International Airport.